Flixonase Allergy Relief Nasal Spray
Flixonase Allergy Relief treats and prevents allergic rhinitis including hayfever, dust mites and animal dander. It helps relieve symptoms, such as sneezing, itchy and watery eyes and a runny, itchy or blocked-up nose, for up to 24 hours. The active ingredient is fluticasone propionate and when used every day, has an anti-inflammatory action and works in a similar way to natural body chemicals to control inflammation. This spray helps to control your body’s reactions to allergens (‘triggers’) in the environment.
Do not use Flixonase
• if you have ever had an allergic reaction to fluticasone propionate or to any of the other ingredients.
• if you are under 18 years.
• for more than 6 months unless your doctor tells you to
Take special care and check with your doctor before you take this medicine
• If you have a high temperature, cold or if you have or recently had a nasal or sinus infection.
• If you have recently had surgery, an injury or ulcers in your nose. If you are taking other medicines
Talk to your doctor before using this medicine
If you are taking any medicines; particularly corticosteroid medicines (including eczema creams, asthma inhalers, tablets, injections, nasal sprays, and eye or nose drops); or ketoconazole (for fungal infections). You must not use this product if you are taking Ritonavir (an anti-HIV medicine) unless told by your doctor.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Talk to your doctor before using Flixonase Allergy Relief if you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
The following side effects may occur:
• Sneezing after using the spray but this soon stops. • You may notice an unpleasant taste or smell. • Nose bleeds. • Dryness or irritation in the nose or throat. • Headache. • Small holes (perforations) in the ridge inside the nose that separates the nostrils.
KEEP ALL MEDICINES OUT OF THE EACH OF CHILDREN.
READ THE PATIENT LEAFLET BEFORE TAKING THIS MEDICATION.